First card of the day is DEATH (XIII).
- A few words to describe it - Transformation. Change, voluntary or involuntary, sudden/unexpected. Release through destruction.
Now let me start by saying that I own a couple of different tarot decks but for the card of the day I generally use the Aleister Crowley Thoth deck. In the later posts I’ll have the full list of decks that I own and my wish list! I also will be posting personal readings and spreads but each time I will also post the name of the deck that was used.
Card of the day- I will try to do as often as I can, since I am still kind of a beginner and it’s a good exercise for me. I will try to post the history of the card, my first thoughts on it and later how it may relate to every day life.
It is strange to be starting with the Death card, but that was the card that I drew today and the card that prompted me to create this community, =) how nice.
And so, this card symbolizes rebirth for me. Like a phoenix that rises from the ashes, you must sacrifice something in order to get something else, take one step back to take two steps forward…
Here is the image of the card:
A few important images in this card:
· The fish and serpent represent resurrection or re-incarnation.
· The skeleton is dancing a dance that is known as a Dance of Death.
· On the head it is wearing a crown of Osiris.
· Bubbles symbolize new life, or rebirth.
· The eagle represents exaltation above solid mater, immortality.